Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so easy it's silly! I really like this with or without the cheese, I like to do this with any chicken part really, my favorite way is probably chicken wings! *Cooking times will be approximate depending on what part of the chicken you use and do not include marinating time*.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry, with an additional
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, with an additional
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 4 -6 slices muenster cheese or 4 -6 slices provolone cheese
- Combine all ingredients and marinate chicken overnight.
- Remove and grill, saute or bake.
- Baste with marinade ONLY during the.
- first several minutes of cooking.
- Top each breast with a slice of.
- muenster or provolone cheese and broil just until cheese starts to melt.
- Cook until chicken juices are no longer pink.
When Steak & Ale was still in business, this was our favorite menu item. I don't remember there being cheese on it, but has been a long time since S & A was near where we lived or traveled. The cheese is a nice addition. We have been grilling our own recipe but this is a better version. For us, grilling is the only option. You can boil the marinade, cool and then serve on the side at the table.
This was so easy to make (it took about four minutes to prepare it). I left it marinate for twelve hours and the taste was subtle but not overpowering, which is really good because Little Miss (DD) was happy to eat it as well. I baked it in the oven but if I make it again next time I would grill it on the BBQ. My only suggestion is to add the cheese on the ingredient list, so it could show on the 'Shopping List' Silly me forgot to buy the cheese :( Thank you bmxmama