Prep 36 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Cover the floor with newspaper to catch the family drool when they smell this on the grill!
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 fluid ounces low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Using a fork, poke about 5-8 sets of holes in each chicken breast.
- Put chicken in marinade, making sure it is covered in the mixture.
- Add more pineapple juice if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24-36 hours.
Excellent flavour and very simple to put together. I had sprayed the grill well with no stick spray but it still stuck a bit.Probably all this hot humid weather has some effect on grilling. I probably could have cooked them on the pavement in 2 minutes-just kidding folks. Will be making this again soon.
This was exactly what I was looking for! I used to order this every time we went to the Steak & Ale and have missed it since they closed. The only change I made was to use orange pineapple juice since it was what I had on hand. The leftovers make a fabulous chicken club BLT or as a salad topping with some madarin oranges and Asian dressing.
I love pineapple and chicken together so this was wonderful to me.I marinated for 24 hrs. Made for a family meal with everyone home and my son said it was the best chicken he has ever eaten! Everyone else raved about it too. Thanks so much Mille for a fab recipe!