Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Hint of orange gives this steak a distinctive flavor. Goes great with BBQ Potatoes & Salad
- 2 lbs chuck or 2 lbs boneless blade steaks, cut 1" thick
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- Mix Marinade ingredients in a large Zip Lock bag, mix well.
- Add Steak.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning the bag each time you open the fridge or at least 6 times to keep all sides in the marinade.
- Remove steak, reserving the Marinade.
- Place steak on a greased BBQ grill over medium heat.
- Brush occasionally with Marinade.
- BBQ 4-5 min each side for medium rare or until it is cooked to your liking.
- Slice in thin slices, diagonally to serve.
Bergy this is a wonderful dish! I tagged it thru the Bargain Basement tag game in the Cooking Games with Friends forum. Lovely marinade with the only change I made was to skip the jalapeno pepper and just increased the garlic another clove to still keep some depth. I do not use any marinade as a baste while grilling because of chance of contamination of the meat but really after marinading overnight thihs beef does not need to be basted. Love the orange flavor that comes through the meat.