Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Extremely simple in its preparation, yet quite sophisticated in flavor, this is movie actress Barbara Stanwyck’s favorite way with steak.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small porterhouse steak, about ¾ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix soy sauce with brown sugar, pepper and olive oil, pour into shallow pan.
- Put steak into sauce and spoon a little sauce over top; marinate 30 minutes and turn several times.
- Heat a large heavy skillet; add butter and when very hot, add the steak to skillet.
- Cook over high heat until charred on other side.
- (The result will be steak charred on the outside but pink in the middle.).
- Serve immediately on a well heated platter.
So simple, fast and delicious. This one is a sure keeper!