Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
I love peanut butter cookies...i like them to stay soft, and i also like not having the sugar stand out above the peanut butter, my mom and i use to whip these up once a month. it was our special time. Enjoy with your family kids and friends will bring joy to their face every time..
- 1 1⁄4 cups chunky natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄4 crushed honey roasted peanuts (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- Cream butter, peanut butter crushed peanuts and sugars together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add baking soda, powder and vanilla.
- Stir in flour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge at least 30 min up to 48 hours (you can skip this step but the cookies come out creamier if you refrigerate the dough).
- Roll into balls, place balls on ungreased cookie sheet then Flatten cookies, using a fork, in a criss-cross pattern.(or something with a cute pattern).
- *you can also grab a bag of chocolate chips, after u flatten down your cookie dough push up to 6 or 8 chips onto it, or peanut butter chips or a hershey's kiss.
- Bake 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes or adjust to suit your oven and size of cookies.