Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This produces a very flavorful moist ham with no basting and no messy clean-up. Use the regular Reynolds oven bags that you would use to roast a turkey.
- 1 semi-boneless half ham (apprx 8 lb)
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 425.24 g can pineapple slices (reserve juice)
- 1 reynolds oven cooking bag (turkey size)
- 29.58 ml flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub ham with brown sugar.
- Secure pineapple rings onto ham, fat side up, using toothpicks.
- Add 2 tbls flour to cooking bag, and shake it to coat.
- Place bag in roaster and place ham fat side up in the bag.
- Pour reserved pineapple juice gently over ham.
- Close bag with nylon tie included with bag.
- Cut six 1" slits in top of bag for steam escape.
- Place in oven, being careful not to let bag touch sides of oven.
- Bake 2 hours for an 8 lb ham.
- Cool before slicing to retain juices.
I made this for a family dinner with the whole family at my house. The result was a very flavorful ham, and it was nice and tender. I thickened the juices by adding some water then adding some cornstarch to make the gravy. Really tasty over the ham!