Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We don’t have ranches in Australia, we have “stations” and some of them are as big as small counties. I have checked out every ranch dressing recipe on here (there are 75) and made a version with all the things in it I like in the quantities I like. Aussies, you can find buttermilk in most supermarkets above the regular milks. This dressing is good and worth hunting out the buttermilk for!
- 1⁄2 cup egg mayonnaise (I use SW)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before using for flavours to blend.
So sorry Jan I should've reviewed this a LONG time ago!!! Deserves way more than 5 stars. It has a lovely fresh tang that is actually lacking from the powdered mix when I do get hold of it. A definite favourite here! :-)
We all liked the "station" dressing. Made for AZ/NZ swap.
Tasty! We will be keeping this one. It is a spicy dressing - the cayenne does get hotter during those first few hours - we like it but I may omit it & stick with coarse ground black pepper for guests. I am glad I doubled the recipe - we will be keeping a pint jar of this in the fridge! Thanks JustJan!