1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
The Station House is closed, but we can still enjoy the WONDERFUL dessert they used to serve. This makes quite a bit, but boy is it good!! This has tons of white chocolate in it!! Beware!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 baguette, cubed (about 8 cups)
- 1 1/4 lbs white chocolate
- 7 eggs
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 quart heavy cream
BUTTER BOURBON SAUCE
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Spread bread cubes in an 8 1/2 x 11" baking pan.
- 3Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
- 4Meanwhile, break eggs into a bowl and beat lightly until smooth.
- 5Add beaten eggs to the melted chocolate, then the half and half and heavy cream.
- 6Stir well over the heat until the batter thickens and is smooth and flows easily off the spatula, about 10 minute.
- 7Pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the bread in the pan.
- 8Use about half of the custard at first, letting it soak into the bread before you add the rest, in 2-3 additions, if necessary.
- 9Cover with foil.
- 10Bake for 45 minute.
- 11To make the bourbon sauce: Put the bourbon in a sauce pan.
- 12Bring to a simmer over medium heat and reduce by half. Or, if you are braver, carefully flame the bourbon in the pan, letting it burn until the flame burns off. (This will take a few minutes with this much alchohol.).
- 13Add the brown sugar and butter.
- 14After the butter is melted, add the condensed milk.
- 15Cook on low, stirring, until thickened to pouring consistency, 5 min or a bit longer.
- 16To serve: Cut into squares and place on serving plates.
- 17Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- 18Pass the bourbon sauce to pour over the top.
- 19Best served hot.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Station House's White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1138.2
- Calories from Fat 646
- Total Fat 71.8 g
- Saturated Fat 42.8 g
- Cholesterol 330.0 mg
- Sodium 517.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 59.6 g
- Protein 18.2 g