Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe happened when I was goofing around in the kitchen and I found out that it tasted great!
- 1 cup finely crushed soda cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (use your favorite)
- 6 skinned walleyed pike fillet
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- vegetable shortening
- Mix cracker crumbs flour garlic and seasoning salt in a medium bowl
- Scramble the eggs and mix in the water in a small bowl
- Melt shortening in deep frier and heat to 380 degrees
- Put Walleye fillets in the egg mixture Put Walleye fillets in the crumb mixture and coat until you can't see the fish Put in deep frier and cook until golden brown and flaky Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
Breading will stick better if you leave the flour separate from the cracker crumb mixture. 1st dip fish in flour only, then into the egg and lastly into the crumbs