Recipe by mary winecoff
I found this buried under lots of stuff on my bulletin board and wanted to make sure I didn't lose it. This is "Mrs. Schoen's" recipe.
Top Review by Annacia
DH gave this 15 stars on his first mouthful! It came out more fluffy than I had expected for a pound cake but it sure was a hit in this house. Made as directed but in a half amount. It's certainly easy to put together and my 1/2 amount was ready in 1 hr. Thanks for this one Mary, made for Photo Tag.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 teaspoon butternut flavoring
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Add coconut and butternut flavoring.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk into creamed mixture; mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake 1 3/4 hours or until the cake tests done.