Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty dish reminiscent of the sausage & peppers served at the fair - served on top of pasta instead of a bun!
- 8 ounces fettuccine (or your favorite pasta)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large Italian sausages (about 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄4 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 small white onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- In a large, preferably cast-iron skillet, brown sausage links on all sides (this makes them easier to slice).
- Remove, slice, and return to pan.
- Cook sliced sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through; remove and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter and saute garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, peppers, and cajun seasoning.
- Stir frequently, adding more butter as needed to keep the mixture from drying out.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- When the onions and peppers have softened, add in the cooked sausage and heat through.
- Drain pasta, top each serving with a big spoonful of the sausage, onions,& peppers, and serve.
I thought this was very good. My hubby and I made it together and there were no leftovers. The only thing we changed was using rice instead of pasta, because we aren't big pasta eaters. But it was terrific anyway!
This was a wonderful recipe, my family really enjoyed the alternative to just the normal sausage and bun routine, in fact we're having it again tomorrow. I didn't have a need to change anything, it was great just the way you posted it, thanks. Sincerely, Kathleen Hurst
I have made this dish numerous times now, and we really have enjoyed it very much. I just replace the Italian sausages with Piller's Knackwurst Sausages (personal preference) and we have a fast yummy meal. Thanks Allison