Recipe by Allison Williams
A hearty dish reminiscent of the sausage & peppers served at the fair - served on top of pasta instead of a bun!
Top Review by MichelleL Halbrook
I thought this was very good. My hubby and I made it together and there were no leftovers. The only thing we changed was using rice instead of pasta, because we aren't big pasta eaters. But it was terrific anyway!
- 8 ounces fettuccine (or your favorite pasta)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large Italian sausages (about 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄4 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 small white onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, preferably cast-iron skillet, brown sausage links on all sides (this makes them easier to slice).
- Remove, slice, and return to pan.
- Cook sliced sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through; remove and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter and saute garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, peppers, and cajun seasoning.
- Stir frequently, adding more butter as needed to keep the mixture from drying out.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- When the onions and peppers have softened, add in the cooked sausage and heat through.
- Drain pasta, top each serving with a big spoonful of the sausage, onions,& peppers, and serve.