Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
Those in authority say that this one actually outsells the regular lemon shakeup at the Illinois State Fair. I love both! There's nothing more satisfying on a hot summer day at the fair, or now, at home.
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon
- 1⁄2 fresh orange
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups small ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons water
- orange slice, garnish (optional)
- lemon slice, garnish (optional)
- Use a 16-ounce (or larger) cocktail shaker to blend the shakeup. Squeeze the juice from both the lemon and the orange into the shaker. Add in the sugar.
- Add the ice cubes and the water, close the shaker and shake the mix.
- Serve in a tall glass and garnish with a couple of orange or lemon slices if desired.
- If you just want a lemon shakeup, simply use a whole lemon and omit the orange.
This was a nice change for breakfast this morning! I ended up using 1/2 the lemon and a whole orange. (lack of juice). This drink will be perfect when we get those hot summer days back. Will definitely make this one again and again! Thanks Bone Man! Made for My 3 Chefs 2009.