Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I like to use these as a base for a very large ice cream sundae. i sometimes change up the flavor by simply changing the type of extract used.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs and milk and vanilla.
- sift dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture beating until smooth.
- test batter to see if it flows evenly through funnel. If to thick add milk, if to thin add flour.
- Pour about 2 cups cooking oil in 8 inch skillet and heat to about 360 degrees.
- cover funnel tip with finger and add about 1/2 cup or so to funnel.
- uncover funnel tip and release into hot oil in spiral patterns.
- Fry until golden (about 2 or 3 mins). flip and fry other side (about 1 or 2 mins).
- drain on paper towels and lightly dust with powdered sugar.