I like to use these as a base for a very large ice cream sundae. i sometimes change up the flavor by simply changing the type of extract used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl combine eggs and milk and vanilla.
- 2sift dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture beating until smooth.
- 3test batter to see if it flows evenly through funnel. If to thick add milk, if to thin add flour.
- 4Pour about 2 cups cooking oil in 8 inch skillet and heat to about 360 degrees.
- 5cover funnel tip with finger and add about 1/2 cup or so to funnel.
- 6uncover funnel tip and release into hot oil in spiral patterns.
- 7Fry until golden (about 2 or 3 mins). flip and fry other side (about 1 or 2 mins).
- 8drain on paper towels and lightly dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for State Fair Funnel Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (758 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 92.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g