Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe post more for laughs and shock value than to really home-make. It's definitely not healthy! But you recreate the deep-fried magic of state/county fairs and trips to Seaside right in your own kitchen! And it's not so horrible on the cholesterol level if you share it and only have maybe once a year ;) This is enough batter to coat two candy bars, maybe a third one. Milky Ways are the best for this but Snickers, Mars Bars, and 3 Musketeers also work-- pretty much anything with a gooey center that you can poke a skewer through, hard chocolate won't work.
- Chill the candy by keeping it in the fridge but don't freeze it or else this recipe won't work.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Pour in milk until it's a rich, creamy consistency, this is give or take 1 cup.
- Fully coat the candy in the batter.
- DEEP FRYER METHOD.
- Using a strong wooden skewer (metal will burn your hands severely), pierce it through the bottom and lower it into an oil-filled deep fryer and remove when golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- PAN FRY METHOD.
- Heat 1-2" of oil in a frying pan. Drop the battered candy bar into the oil and fry on all sides, turning with a spatula or slotted spoon. Remove when golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- They are awesome when chopped into bits and served with ice cream!