Recipe by KHANMAK
I was just finishing reading my e-mail and I stumbled upon this. I have always wanted to know how to make these! This recipe is from Yahoo!FOOD. Great recipe! Easy to make!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, 1 sticks (unsalted would be great)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (if using salted butter use less than this)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil, over medium heat.
- Once boiling, add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Make sure you get all the flour clumps out.
- Remove from heat; let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Once this has cooled for 5 minutes, add eggs, one at a time, beating well with mixer after each addition. Continue beating minxture until smooth and shiny.
- Get an ice cream scooper and grease it lightly with cooking spray.
- Drop about 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Combine milk and egg yolk, and brush very nicely over the puff. Don't worry if the egg mixture fell over a little.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack and slit each puff so the steam can escape.
- Let them cool compltely.
- In a chilled large mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream with a mixer on high until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla. Mix on high until cream is almost stiff.
- Split cream puff; discard any soft dough from inside.
- Fill the cream in cooled puffs just before serving.
- Dust the top with confectioner's sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes 10 servings!