Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Got this from a Yahoo article.
- 1⁄2 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne 2 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups well-shaken buttermilk
- Whisk together all the ingredients. Dip hotdogs into the batter and fry in hot oil until dark golden brown.
This was great with corn dogs, as well as, Snicker bars, Mars bars, Sausage, and perhaps many things I have yet to try. I did change the flour to gluten free all purpose flour The buttermilk gave a nice tangy flavor. Thank for sharing. Chose this recipe for PAC 2012