Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this hand written recipe a few years back when we bought and older home and restored it. It was in behind the old bottom cabinets. I've made it a few times since then and really enjoy it. Thanks to whoever lost it, who knows how long it was back there as the house was built in the late 1800's......
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped and well drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine or 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard, seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, celery and green pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the wine or apple juice, vinegar, oil, mustard seed, salt, coriander and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Made this up a full 24 hours before serving just because I wanted to be sure that the flavors were well-blended! There were just the two of us devouring this first batch of a wonderfully pleasing salsa, but I fully intend to double the amount in a couple of weeks when I make it to share with one of the monthly groups I host ~ Am sure they'll love it as much as we have! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]