Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found here: http://www.fitfoodiefinds.com/2012/05/seasonal-strawberry-feta-quinoa-salad.html. Posted for safe keeping and nutritional info! Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small pot, bring 1C quinoa and 2C water to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Refrigerate for about an hour or until room temperature.
- In a large bowl or tupperware, mix together quinoa, sliced strawberries, feta cheese, chopped walnuts, and basil. Then drizzle on honey and olive oil. Toss.
- Serve cold or at room temperature Enjoy!
Lovely salad -- so good and healthy. Made as directed except for the basil which I left out. This would make a wonderful summer salad to go with picnics or barbecues. This salad will definitely be made again very soon. Made for Spring PAC, March, 2013.