Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This rich, creamy chocolate sauce is perfect on ripe straberries, but it's so versatile it might also be just what your favorite dessert has been missing.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (no more than 60% cacao if labled)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb strawberry, halved if large
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sugar in a dry 1-quart heavy saucepan over moderately high heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt, about 2 minute.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally with a fork, until sugar is melted into a deep golden caramel, 1-2 minute.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour in cream - mixture will steam and bubble vigorously).
- Once the bubbles subside, return pan to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until caramel has thickened and all sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, then add chocolate and salt and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Add butter and stir until just melted.
- Cool sauce slightly, then drizzle over strawberries.