Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious, simple patriotic cake!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry
- Preheat oven to 350ºF; Grease (or lightly spray with cooking spray) bottom only of 13x9x2-inch rectangular pan.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl on low speed 2 minutes (do not overbeat); or stir 3 minutes by hand.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Frost with frosting.
- Arrange berries on frosted cake to create flag design.
- Serve immediately.