Recipe by Courtly
From Taste of Home. A neat treat for the 4th of July! "sugared puff pastry stars and a fresh berry medley, served with a creamy dip, make a festive dessert. It's pretty, delicious and easy to prepare for the fourth of July or any summer gathering."
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
This yummy dessert was very quick and easy to make. I doubled the recipe and took it to our Father's Day cookout today. This was the hit of the party. I used about 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, added 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and beat the cream to stiff peaks. Then I folded in one cup of sour cream. For the puffed pastry, I used red and blue coarse sugar to continue with the red, white and blue theme. I plan on making this again for our July 4th party. I think next time I am going to try this recipe with star-shaped shortcake instead of the puff pastry. Thanks for sharing a delicious and elegant recipe.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with floured star-shaped cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on parchment-paper lined baking sheets. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with sugar. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine berries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Place sour cream in a small serving bowl; fold in whipped cream. Place bowl on a serving platter. Spoon berries onto platter; top with pastry stars.