Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Taste of Home. A neat treat for the 4th of July! "sugared puff pastry stars and a fresh berry medley, served with a creamy dip, make a festive dessert. It's pretty, delicious and easy to prepare for the fourth of July or any summer gathering."
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with floured star-shaped cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on parchment-paper lined baking sheets. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with sugar. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine berries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Place sour cream in a small serving bowl; fold in whipped cream. Place bowl on a serving platter. Spoon berries onto platter; top with pastry stars.
This yummy dessert was very quick and easy to make. I doubled the recipe and took it to our Father's Day cookout today. This was the hit of the party. I used about 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, added 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and beat the cream to stiff peaks. Then I folded in one cup of sour cream. For the puffed pastry, I used red and blue coarse sugar to continue with the red, white and blue theme. I plan on making this again for our July 4th party. I think next time I am going to try this recipe with star-shaped shortcake instead of the puff pastry. Thanks for sharing a delicious and elegant recipe.