Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
A really good sugar cookie with a mint surprise! My Mom would make these for special occasions. I also remember feeling special when sharing these when she had her afternoon tea...they are really yummy! )Time est. does not include the dough chilling)
- Sift together the flour,baking soda and salt.
- Cream the butter, sugars.
- Add the eggs, vanilla- beat well.
- Blend in the dry ingredients.
- Cover and chill at least two hours or overnight.
- Take a tablespoon size amount of dough and enclose/conceal mint in dough.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Place walnut half on top.
- Bake at 375° for 9-12 minutes.
I make these with solid mint wafers -- my mom's recipe was very specific about not using them. Trader Joes calls them UFOs, Ghiradelli sells them, and they might be elsewehere as well. Mint Hershey kisses might also work (but would be lumpier). I use the smallest possible amount of dough around the mint to make as many cookies as possible.
I have been making these cookies for years with a few changes. They are me sister's favorite, so i have to make them every year. I add a little food coloring in for christmas so it does't look so bla. It does take a little time wraping the mints but the finished product is very tasty.
Awesome. I used Andes candies (they had to be cut in half), and subbed Splenda for the sugar. Made 40 cookies. They are so good that I made BF run to the store for more Andes so I can make more tomorrow!