Recipe by ChrisMc
The last of my traditional Christmas cookies (and one of my favorites). The prep time includes time to chill the dough.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 36 Andes mints candies (approximately)
- 74 pecan halves (approximately)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Blend in the eggs, water, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cut the mints in half.
- Roll chilled dough into 1 tbs balls.
- Place a half mint in the middle of each dough ball and press down; envelope the mint in the dough.
- Place the cookies on a greased baking sheet 2 inches apart (these will flatten out as they cook).
- Press a pecan half into the top of each cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees.