Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very festive and delicious cake for our upcoming holiday season!!
- 1 (510 g) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (85 g) packagejell-o cherry jelly powder
- 28 round striped candies, divided
- 3 (1 ounce) baker's white chocolate baking squares, melted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for two 9-inch round layers.
- Cool cakes in pans 15 minutes.
- Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2 inch intervals.
- Stir boiling water into dry jelly powder 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Pour over cakes.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Crush 5 mints in blender; mix with melted chocolate, sour cream and food coloring.
- Place 1/2 the remaining mints, about 4 inches apart, on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake 5 minutes or until mints melt to form 2 1/2 to 3 inch circles.
- Cool before removing from baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mints.
- Dip bottom of 1 cake pan in warm water 10 seconds; unmould onto plate,
- Spread with chocolate mixture.
- Unmould second cake; place on first layer.
- Frost with Cool Whip.
- Decorate with melted mints.
- Store in refrigerator.
- HOW TO BEND CANDY: To create a curvy effect on the melted candy, use a metal spatula to carefully remove melted candy from parchment while still warm and pliable.
- Place over the handle of a wooden spoon or any other object that will bend the candy.
- Cool completely before using to decorate cake.