Chef mariajane's Note:
A very festive and delicious cake for our upcoming holiday season!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (510 g) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (85 g) package jell-o cherry jelly powder
- 28 round striped candies, divided
- 3 (1 ounce) baker's white chocolate baking squares, melted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for two 9-inch round layers.
- 2Cool cakes in pans 15 minutes.
- 3Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2 inch intervals.
- 4Stir boiling water into dry jelly powder 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- 5Pour over cakes.
- 6Refrigerate 3 hours.
- 7Heat oven to 350°F
- 8Crush 5 mints in blender; mix with melted chocolate, sour cream and food coloring.
- 9Place 1/2 the remaining mints, about 4 inches apart, on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 10Bake 5 minutes or until mints melt to form 2 1/2 to 3 inch circles.
- 11Cool before removing from baking sheet.
- 12Repeat with remaining mints.
- 13Dip bottom of 1 cake pan in warm water 10 seconds; unmould onto plate,
- 14Spread with chocolate mixture.
- 15Unmould second cake; place on first layer.
- 16Frost with Cool Whip.
- 17Decorate with melted mints.
- 18Store in refrigerator.
- 19HOW TO BEND CANDY: To create a curvy effect on the melted candy, use a metal spatula to carefully remove melted candy from parchment while still warm and pliable.
- 20Place over the handle of a wooden spoon or any other object that will bend the candy.
- 21Cool completely before using to decorate cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Starlight Mint Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.4
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 261.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: