Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a sweet sour spicy preserve, great with cheese and bread.
- 1 lb star fruit
- 3 -4 chilies, depending on taste and heat of chili
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 inches ginger
- 1⁄2 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Finely chop all ingredients.
- Cook uncovered over low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You may need to add a little water, red wine or orange juice.
- While hot pour into sterilized jars and use good canning procedures. Otherwise refrigerate and consume in the near future.