Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Very rich chicken casserole to make every now and then for special occasions. It has a longer cook time, but the chicken comes out so tender you don't need a knife to cut it. It is wonderful served over rice, it just sucks up the extra sauce and has such a great flavor. The original recipe from my mother called for cream of mushroom soup, but I do not like mushrooms, so I make it with cream of chicken soup.
- 4 ounces chipped beef
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 -16 slices bacon
- 1 dash pepper
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (low and slow is the name of the game here).
- Shred chipped beef into bottom of a 10x12 shallow casserole dish.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breast.
- Place the breasts on top of the beef and sprinkle with pepper. Do NOT add salt, the chipped beef is loaded with salt, adding anymore salt will make it too salty.
- Mix the soup and sour cream together and pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cover and bake for three hours.
- To make this slightly healthier: use fat free sour cream, turkey bacon, and fat free cream of chicken soup.