Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe at www.gourmetsleuth.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toffee pieces, such as almond rocca
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and chopped toffee. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 20 to 23 minutes. Remove pan to wire rack. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into bars.
I've made these several times now and enjoy them every single time. I double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan. I use Health English Toffee bits with milk chocolate (one 8 oz. bag) and one 4 oz. Ghirardelli white chocolate bar (broken into small pieces). Since the Heath bits include milk chocolate, I cut back on the sugar just a bit. Perfect! Delicious! Thanks for posting.
Yum! I used big chunks of 2 skor bars- A crowd favorite!