Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Starbucks Tazo Chai Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 -8 green cardamom pods
- 2 whole black peppercorns
- 1 -2 slice fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 -2 clove
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 -3 teaspoons loose black tea
- Put the water in a saucepan, add the spices, and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add milk
- and sugar and bring to a boil (or heavy simmer).
- Add tea, turn off the heat, and let infuse for two to three minutes.
- Strain into two cups and serve hot.
This is a good light spiced chai, quite like Starbucks I believe using the sugar (I used white) called for in the instructions rather than the honey in the ingredients! I'd like to try it with honey another time. This made 3 mugs worth for us. I used 7 green cardamom pods cracked (I loved that this recipe uses a lot as I love cardamom), 1 slice of ginger, 1 cinnamon stick as I thought two was a bit much, 2 cloves, orange pekoe tea bags and rice milk for the milk which I added at the end in order for it not to separate as I found it does when simmered. Made for March Into Spring Tag.