Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
This is from the online booklet, "The Ultimate Starbucks Coffee Recipe Book".
- 2⁄3 cup ground starbucks christmas blend coffee (or any robust dark roast)
- 4 cinnamon sticks, broke into small pieces and crushed
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- half-and-half cream (optional) or milk (optional)
- Mixt together the coffee and cinnamon sticks.
- Using the cinnamon-coffee and water, brew coffee by your customary brewing method.
- Add cardamom and honey to the brewed coffee, and stir until honey is dissolved.
- Pour about 2/3 cup of hot coffee into each coffee cup or mug.
- Stir in half-n-half or milk, as desired. Serve hot.
Cinnamon and cardamom, who can resist! Perfect for a chilly day :) Like Bayhill, I usually prefer unsweetened coffee except for flavoured latte or mochaccino etc., but I love the combination of coffee and honey. Thanks for sharing! Made for CQ 2014
Mmm...Christmas time in September! That's what this delicious coffee tasted like. I normally like my coffee black and unsweetened, but I thoroughly enjoyed the spices and honey in this. I used a dark French roast and it worked perfectly. I was out of ground cardamom, so I had to grind up some whole cardamom seeds to use. I will be making this often during the cold winter months. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. **Made for Culinary Quest - Suitcase Gourmets**
Very tasty. I used Starbucks VIA. Made for CQ 14