Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't know if this is like Starbucks, but I do know it's delicious. I made 2 loaves because it was disappearing too quickly. Recipe courtesy of Top Secret Recipes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the eggs, sugars, and vanilla together in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add the pumpkin and oil and mix well.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet stuff and mix well with your electric mixer.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped pumpkin seeds over the top of the batter, and then bake for 60 minutes or until the top of the bread is beginning to brown and a toothpick stuck into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- When the bread has cooled, remove it from the loan pan and use a bread knife to slice it into approximately 1 inch thick slices.