My favorite pumpkin bread came from Starbucks, after much effort and a LOT of determination, here's my copy. I use Splenda for the sugar, and I use Egg Beaters for the eggs. Trying to be a little healthier!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup smooth applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour two 9x5x3 loaf pans or muffin tins.
- Beat sugar and oil in a large bowl to blend.
- Mix in eggs, pumpkin, and apple sauce.
- Sift four, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and baking powder into another large bowl.
- Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions.
- Divide batter equally among prepared pans (muffin tins).
- Bake until tester comes out clean, about 1 hour for loaves, 20 min for muffins.
- Transfer to cooling racks and cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto racks and cool completely.