Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by a friend who knew someone that had worked for a company that prepared baking for Starbucks. It is said to be the recipe they use for their Power/Energy Bars.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups puffed rice cereal (not Rice Krispies)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large pot. Stir frequently while mixture melts over a medium heat setting. When everything appears well blended and creamy, turn off heat. Add vanilla and stir well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir, with a large wooden spoon, until all the add-ins are coated with the peanut butter mixture.
- Transfer mixture onto a large jelly roll pan. (I sometimes spray pan with Pam or line with parchment paper.) Spread evenly and cool before cutting. (I sometimes run a rolling pin over the surface to ensure a uniform thickness.).
- * Pea Butter may be substituted for peanut butter, in the case of a peanut allergy.
- ** Honey may be substituted for corn syrup.
These are great and my family loves them! Easy to make. I substituted half a cup molasses and half a cup honey for the corn syrup and used flax seeds instead of sesame seeds. Yummy!