Recipe by Tish
Copycat recipe posted per request
Top Review by hholmberg
Nice flavor. I mixed the sugar in with the wet ingredients and not dry as the recipe suggests. I used muffin paper liners which stuck terribly to the muffins so we just ate the tops. I would suggest adding large sugar crystals on top before baking like Starbucks
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce (can substitute 1/3 cup melted margarine) or 2⁄3 cup pureed pear (can substitute 1/3 cup melted margarine)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Blend dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine milk, apple or pear, egg whites; blend well. Add to the dry ingredients and mix with a fork until just blended. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins lightly sprayed with vegetable oil.
- Bake until golden brown (approx 20-25 minutes).