Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Do You Bake by Kimberly. "Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com"
- 354.88 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 9.85 ml lemon extract
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml oil
- zest of one lemon
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml whole milk
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 × 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with a mixer until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on rack. Pour glaze over cooled loaf.
- Glaze – whisk to combine.
I cant believe there is only 1 review so far. I have been making this for at least 4 years. No change at all, except I add the rind of 1 lemon. Exceptionally good!
This was such a tasty quick bread, and it was really quite moist. And the lemon glaze on top added a nice, sweet touch. I'm really glad I made this bread. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Pumpkin Pie's Mommy. Made for the new tag game, Name That Ingredient (in the Cooking Games forum).
Came out beautifully! Moist and delicious. Nice lemon taste and glazing makes it! Thanks for sharing!