Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Do You Bake by Kimberly. "Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com"
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 × 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with a mixer until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on rack. Pour glaze over cooled loaf.
- Glaze – whisk to combine.
I cant believe there is only 1 review so far. I have been making this for at least 4 years. No change at all, except I add the rind of 1 lemon. Exceptionally good!
This was such a tasty quick bread, and it was really quite moist. And the lemon glaze on top added a nice, sweet touch. I'm really glad I made this bread. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Pumpkin Pie's Mommy. Made for the new tag game, Name That Ingredient (in the Cooking Games forum).
Great recipe wonderful flavor