1/1 Photo of Starbucks Chewy Fruit and Nut Bars
In fall 2008, Starbucks added several "healthy" breakfast items to their bakery case. My husband commented to me, "Look, they have a granola bar that looks exactly like the ones you make!" I checked their list of ingredients and then made modifications to my Chewy No-Bake Granola Bars #236509, so that they are as close to the Starbucks version as possible. Take them to breakfast meetings at work, when you need something MORE than a donut, muffin or bagel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (see note below)
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Ingredient note: look in your health food aisle for a healthy alternative to Rice Krispies. The brand I found is made by Enviro-Kidz and uses BROWN rice.
- 2Prepare 9x13 pan with non-stick spray (or line with parchment paper).
- 3In a large mixing bowl, toss all dry ingredients. Feel free to substitute your preferred nut or dried fruit.
- 4In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil and allow to boil one minute. (Note: boiling the sugars is what helps the bars become firm and not sticky, so this step is important).
- 5After boiling, turn off heat; add vanilla and peanut butter. QUICKLY pour this hot mixture over the dry ingredients and toss to combine.
- 6Pour warm mixture into prepared pan. Wet your fingers and press the mixture down into the pan to compress the bars so they will slice evenly.
- 7When cool, use a sharp knife to cut into 18 bars (1 long lengthwise cut and 9 cuts across). Enjoy with a hot cup of Starbucks coffee for an authentic experience!
- 8Note: Starbucks does not list corn syrup in their ingredients, but the sweetener in their list is not readily available. I tried using Maple Syrup, but the bars were very crumbly and would not stay together in bars. Therefore, I found that Corn Syrup is the best ingredient that is readily available.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Starbucks Chewy Fruit and Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g