Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Remember the rich thick creamy chocolate drink from Starbucks a few years ago? This is just about an exact replica! I wish I could remember where I found this at, but can't. So I thought I'd put it here for safe keeping! Enjoy!
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips.
- When melted, pour in the milk and whisk constantly until smooth.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Remember: No need to bring it to a boil. Only to steaming hot. At Starbucks, it was served at around 170-180 degrees.
Thank you so much! It is just like the chantico at starbucks! Be sure not to let it boil after adding the milk!
Never had a Starbucks Chantico, so I'm not rating based on any comparison. This is like drinking extremely rich hot cocoa. After a few sips, I did add more milk to cut some of the richness and liked it much better. Made for Spring 2014 Pick A Chef.
I have never had a Chantico, so enjoyed this version very much. It hit the spot beautifully on this cold and windy spring day. Rich, thick, decadent and full of flavor. It was perfection in a mug, velvets and soothing. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe, which I will be making often. Made for Spring Pac 2014.