Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
For those of you who love Starbuck's chai tea, here's a cheaper version you can make at home. This recipe origially comes from www.kitchenlink.com.
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups milk
- 6 -8 black tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger (or a mashed, small chunk of fresh ginger)
- Bring water and milk to a boil. Add other ingredients; return to boil. Turn off.
- heat and let steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove tea bags then filter through fine strainer. Good hot or cold.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator for later use.
Great recipe! Tastes just like the Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks. I found that adding the honey at the end is much better as boiling the honey leaves a bitter taste that was pretty strong.
I had to double all the spices, then it was delicious!
Really good! Everyone enjoyed this, even the kids. I only made two changes - one was using half the amount of honey and then adding in some stevia to keep it sweet and lower the calories. The other change was using unsweetened almond milk.