Makes me so sad that you can't get these anymore so I made my own! So not healthy but they're so good. Shortbread, apple pie filling, crumble topping, and caramel, how can you go wrong!?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE FILLING
- 2 granny smith apples (large, cored, peeled, and cut in 1 cm cubes)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
FOR THE SHORTBREAD CRUST
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (I usually substitute 1 Tbsp flour for corn starch)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1Core and peel apples, cut into 1 cm cubes.
- 2For the filling, combine apples in a small pot with water, sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- 3Set on medium-low heat to soften while you prepare the crust and topping.
- 4For the shortbread crust, mix the icing sugar into the butter.
- 5Add the flour and stir until smooth and whipped-looking.
- 6Spread crust mixture evenly into the bottom on a 9"x9" pan.
- 7Once the apples are softened but not mushy, spread on top of the crust.
- 8Mix the icing sugar, sugar, and flour of the topping ingredients; stir in the butter until it is crumbly like moist bread crumbs.
- 9Take handfuls of the topping and sprinkle over the apples, breaking up big clumps until you can't see apples anymore. You may not use all of the topping.
- 10Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top; cool completely.
- 11Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping in a nice diagonal grid.
- 12Cut into 9 pieces.
- 13If you want to be really decadent, you could serve it with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Starbucks Caramel Apple Bars
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 204.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g