Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great tasting, simple to make recipe that came from the Starbucks new Healthy Recipe Collection. I found it at: www.starbucks.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (i.e. canola oil)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas (medium large, ripe and mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (for batter)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (for topping)
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F; and grease a 9X5X3 inch loaf pan and dust with flour.
- Blend together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Mix together the egg, sugar and vegetable oil until well combined; add the flour mixture, blend then add the buttermilk, vanilla, mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Top batter with remaining 1/3 cup chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until a wood pick comes out clean; cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing the cake from the pan.
I got the recipe at a Starbucks location and lost it. I only use 1 cup of sugar and it's still pretty sweet. Thanks for posting!