Recipe by Chef amfox
This is Starbucks recipe for their Banana Walnut Bread. The recipe came straight from Starbucks, so enjoy!
Top Review by possibilitymaker_12392205
I made this for my first ever batch of Banana Nut bread and it turned out pretty darn good. I made my own buttermilk using 4 1/2 tablespoons of White Vinegar and 1 cup milk and added a little cinnamon and nutmeg. It is nice and moist and tasted great.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe medium-large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (in addition to 1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan and dust with flour.
- Blend the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mix the egg, sugar, and vegetable oil until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and when blended, add the buttermilk, vanilla, and mashed bananas; mix well.
- Fold 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts and pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Top the batter with remaining 1/3 cup of walnuts.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.