This is Starbucks recipe for their Banana Walnut Bread. The recipe came straight from Starbucks, so enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan and dust with flour.
- Blend the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mix the egg, sugar, and vegetable oil until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and when blended, add the buttermilk, vanilla, and mashed bananas; mix well.
- Fold 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts and pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Top the batter with remaining 1/3 cup of walnuts.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
I made this for my first ever batch of Banana Nut bread and it turned out pretty darn good. I made my own buttermilk using 4 1/2 tablespoons of White Vinegar and 1 cup milk and added a little cinnamon and nutmeg. It is nice and moist and tasted great.
AMAZING. . .absolutely perfect banana bread (not that I am surprised). I did change the recipe up a bit, using 1.5 cups whole wheat flour and then .5 cup cake flour to compensate. I also used 1/2 cup Splenda and the rest brown sugar. Ran out of walnuts, so I just topped it off with some oats and cinnamon/sugar before baking. My new favorite banana bread recipe, hands down!!! So flavorful and moist. THANKS for posting. UPDATE: I made this again and used applesauce in place of the oil and then made them into muffins, baking about 25 minutes and they came out like rocks. So stick to the recipe and make it into a loaf and don't sub out the oil!
Great recipe, I followed it step by step and it was DELICIOUS!! I made it for work, and everyone loved it.