Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is Starbucks recipe for their Banana Walnut Bread. The recipe came straight from Starbucks, so enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe medium-large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (in addition to 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan and dust with flour.
- Blend the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mix the egg, sugar, and vegetable oil until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and when blended, add the buttermilk, vanilla, and mashed bananas; mix well.
- Fold 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts and pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Top the batter with remaining 1/3 cup of walnuts.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
I made this for my first ever batch of Banana Nut bread and it turned out pretty darn good. I made my own buttermilk using 4 1/2 tablespoons of White Vinegar and 1 cup milk and added a little cinnamon and nutmeg. It is nice and moist and tasted great.
AMAZING. . .absolutely perfect banana bread (not that I am surprised). I did change the recipe up a bit, using 1.5 cups whole wheat flour and then .5 cup cake flour to compensate. I also used 1/2 cup Splenda and the rest brown sugar. Ran out of walnuts, so I just topped it off with some oats and cinnamon/sugar before baking. My new favorite banana bread recipe, hands down!!! So flavorful and moist. THANKS for posting. UPDATE: I made this again and used applesauce in place of the oil and then made them into muffins, baking about 25 minutes and they came out like rocks. So stick to the recipe and make it into a loaf and don't sub out the oil!
Best banana nut bread I've ever had in my entire 31 years of living here on this Earth exclamation points times a million. I underwent a slight variation transformation from the original recipe by mixing in the half a cup of walnuts and then pouring the rest of the walnuts on top. I'll be making myself a loaf of this banana nut bread for my grandma every week for the rest of my natural born life. Exclamation points times a million!!!