Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Copycat.com. It is such a treat to go into Starbucks and enjoy a coffee and something sweet. It is one of my life’s little pleasures. Freshly baked banana bread is hard to beat. Banana walnut bread isn’t difficult to make, in fact you can make banana walnut bread that will taste just like Starbucks. I recommend using bread flour if you have it on hand, as it gives the bread a more dense feel. Why not try making some this banana walnut bread, and bring it to your co-workers. Unlike in the store, you can enjoy this banana walnut bread while it is still warm out of the oven.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour (bread flour is best)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed (this is usually 2 or 3 bananas)
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, portions (divided into 2 (1/2 C.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt), stir together to combine. In another medium size bowl combine margarine and sugar, with a mixer cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in mashed bananas and eggs, and mix well. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix until the flour is just mixed in, then add in the remaining flour and 1/2 cup walnuts, blend together until everything is mixed together. Do not overstir.
- Pour batter into a greased 8×4 inch loaf pan. Then top the batter with the remaining chopped walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire wrack.
- While Starbucks does not make their banana bread with butter, I think this comes out more rich this way. I also like to add in a sprinkle or two of cinnamon and sugar into this, again, not in their recipe, it does add that little something extra.
Very nice and moist cake. I used almonds as I had no walnuts. It cut beautifully too.
I thought the recipe was really good! I was craving the Starbucks Banana Chocolate Chip Cake so I substituted mini choc chips instead of walnuts and used cake flour. I'm sure if you added flax seed, it would be a very good approximate of the actual cake. Thanks for posting!