1/1 Photo of Star-Studded Red Velvet Cookies
I adapted this recipe from Tina's Cookings to make it vegan, and while I found it needed way more water than the original called for, the dough was a great base for bittersweet chocolate stars! Of course, if you can't find star-shaped dark chocolate (I think mine came from Sweden), chocolate discs or chunks (even broken up candy bars) work just as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red gel food coloring (or 1 tbsp liquid)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup kamut or 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, cut into 20 chunks (you can also use squares of bittersweet chocolate bar or large chocolate chunks)
- 1Preheat oven to 375?F.
- 2In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, soy milk, vinegar, vanilla, oil and food colouring until well combined.
- 3Mix in the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder.
- 4Using a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop, take out portions of the batter, roll into balls and place on the sheets.
- 5Press a chocolate square or star into the centre of each.
- 6Bake 8-9 minutes. Cool completely on the sheets.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Star-Studded Red Velvet Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: