Recipe by Bec
I have yet to try this- They look great though! It is the Quaker Oats recipe of the month!
Top Review by sean.van.der.smythe
Great muffins. I reduced the amount of baking powder to a single teaspoon, adding half a teaspoon of cream of tartar - they didn't rise as much as expected but they are moist and flavourful.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 12 teaspoons cinnamon sugar, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, oil, egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (Do not overmix.)
- Gently stir in blueberries and strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle batter in each muffin cup with 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan- Serve warm.