Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
A patriotic treat that's simple and kid-friendly! (And adults enjoy it, too!) The serving size is an estimate, because it's been a while and I don't remember!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 (21 1/3 ounce) bag M&M's plain chocolate candy (with red and blue candies separated out)
- Place white chocolate chips and margarine in a microwave-safe bowl; heat at medium power for about 1 minute.
- Do not allow chocolate to burn!
- Stir until mixture is smooth; combine with cereal and red and blue M&M's.
- Drop onto waxed paper lined sheet pan to set.
I made these for my youngest Dornette's birthday (she turned 12) and I now have a very grateful daughter! I used all the colors of M&M's, not just red and blue. There's are special stores (like Dylan's Candy Bar in New York) where you can get specially colored M&M's like silver and maroon and turquoise. You can make these Crispies to match your living room decor or any holiday party theme (like orange and black for Holloween, pastel for Easter, well, you get the picture).