Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect for a Fourth of July celebration! With patriotic colors and a light, fluffy filling, this summery delight will be the hit of your next get-together. I made this for a July 4th BBQ and everyone was asking who brought it! From Taste of Home, July 2009
- 510.29 g package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- 236.59 ml fresh raspberry
- 236.59 ml halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Press cookie dough onto an ungreased 12 inch pizza pan (for round design) or onto a cookie sheet (for square/rectangle design).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and almond extract until smooth. Spread over crust.
- In center of tart, arrange berries in the shape of a star; add a berry border. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
also works as star cutout cookies; nice to have individual portions; can eliminate the raspberries on cookies as there is not room for all 3
Oh yum! I used the cream and berries as a topping for homemade pound cake and it was divine. I'll have to try with the cookie crust too. I will definitely be making the cream portion again! So light and fresh tasting with the fresh berries. Thanks for posting!
This is so easy and so wonderful! The almond extract in the cream layer is inspired. I cut the recipe in half and used raspberries fresh off the bush and a nectarine instead of the other berries because it's what I had. Lovely!