Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are fun to make on any patriotic holiday.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- romaine lettuce
- tomatoes, slices
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard.
- Cut star shapes from cheese with cookie cutter.
- Lighly shape ground beef into eight 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 11 to 13 minutes to medium doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper after turning.
- About 1 minute before burgers are done, top with cheese stars.
- Serve in buns with sauce, lettuce and tomato.
Great burgers. Loved the mayonnaise and honey mustard sauce, it was a nice change from the usual ketchup and mustard.