Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Bought my first starfruit recently and this is what I did with it....there is really no cooking time with this recipe. This is REALLY a "special guests" presentation!
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce hearts, trimmed, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup bean sprouts, washed and dried
- 2 scallions, prepared and cut in small pieces on the diagnional
- 1 large carrot, scrubbed and grated
- 10 strawberries, fresh, washed, dried and sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup wasabi, peas (*wasabi peas are dried green peas that are covered with salt, sugar and wasabi powder)
- 1⁄2 cup mixed sprouts
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, peeled and cut paper-thin
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced lenght-wise into four parts
- 1 medium star fruit, sliced thin, pits removed
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashew nuts, whole, unsalted
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, toss first seven ingredients.
- Prepare tomatoes and starfruit. Set aside along with cashews.
- Placed sliced cucumbers on paper napkin to drain.
- Whisk vinegar, oil, and black pepper together. Allow to meld at least 15 minutes.
- All this can be prepared ahead of time.
- Prior to serving, add tomatoes and cashews to salad.
- Pat cucumber dry, and add to salad. Toss all together.
- Slice each starfruit slice in half.
- Dress salad with oil mixture using as much as you personally like.
- Place starfruit around edge of bowl with points facing out.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Now you are good to go!