1/1 Photo of Star Jone's Famous to Die for Mac and Cheese
This is the best mac and cheese I have ever eaten and fattening and scrumptious. So forget about the calories and sink your fork into this fabulicious comfort for the soul dish! Star Jone's "All Star Macaroni and Cheese! Serves 8.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- 3Pour milk and butter into a medium sauce pan and heat over a low flame. Slowly add each kind of cheese (except 1 oz of Sharp Cheddar and a ½ oz of Blue Cheese) and allow it to melt. Be sure to cook over a low flame and stir constantly to prevent clumping and sticking.
- 4While the cheese is melting, in a separate pot, cook the macaroni according to the directions (do not overcook) with a dash of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 5Drain macaroni and pour ½ into a large baking or casserole dish. Add salt and pepper to taste then slowly add half of the cheese/milk mixture and stir together thoroughly. Pour remaining macaroni and cheese/milk mixture into the a 2 quart baking dish and stir well.
- 6Sprinkle remaining Sharp Cheddar and Blue Cheese on top of the macaroni and place in the oven. Bake until a light golden brown (approximately 20 - 30 minutes). Let stand a half hour and serve.
- 7You have just died and gone to heaven!
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Star Jone's Famous to Die for Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.1
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 989.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 28.6 g