Recipe by Ambervim
This is a garden fresh pie. You aren't likely to find it anywhere else and neither will your guests.
- 4 cups star fruit, sliced 1/2 inch (with or without seeds as they are edible)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare star fruit (carambolas) by cutting off the edges of the ridges. Remove seeds if you want to do so. Slice in 1/2 inch slices. Combine tapioca and sugar and lightly mix with sliced fruit. If the fruit is very sweet ad 1/4 cup lime juice.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan 1 crust. Spread prepared fruit over pastry. Dot with small pieces of butter and sprinkle with nutmeg. Roll the top crust so it will be large enough to make a good seal. Cut gashes to allow steam to escape. Or cut out stars.
- Bake about 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.